Friday, August 10, 2012

You still have time

The images of you in my mind
define all of time


Swallowing history of you is a bitter messiah that
I worship in plain view
of only me
You haunt my very footsteps
even though
you pretend in the arms of another


Why did it happen?
What has become of our village?
And the snake dance
little spoken words over the phone
Miles away
I could hear your smile


These movements are killing me by the hour


Amazing moments now forever gone
in anger
disbelief
How did we grow to hate
in a space of a day?
Fools weve become
Idoits
clowns
to nothing
We were so close baby
So damn close


Escape with me to the sunset
To the sunrise of what we should be

Deserted minds, come play with us
mixing worlds
sun with the sea

Your ghost is worst at night
Wait for me it says
wait for me
do not go
you cannot go...I will not let it happen so
Dried eyes do nothing for a wet heart

I will awake someday in a new grove
with no jaws of everything around me
Till then
you still have time baby
you still have time

No comments:

Post a Comment